Sunday, February 17, 2013

NY Style Pizza at Home

It's no secret that I am a fan of pizza... Tim and I used to make them them pretty often but, it had been a while since we made one at home. So I googled for some new tips on making the perfect pizza when I came across this great clip from America's Test Kitchen:
click here to view the site and the video:
http://www.americastestkitchen.com/episodes/detail.php?docid=35172

I had always baked pizza on a stone but I had never tried pre-heating the stone or setting the oven so hot (500*). It was time to try it out...

I went to Publix and picked up some dough they make in the bakery (gotta love Publix - they have everything!) as well as pizza sauce, toppings and some vino of course. I fixed the dough according to the America's Test Kitchen recipe and as you might have guessed it came out perfectly. If you're a pizza lover, you have to try this! It far beats any of the Domino's, Papa John's and frozen pizzas of the world.

"Traditional/Everything" on the left and "Margherita" on the right



Thin Crust!

Happy Sunday! and lucky us we get tomorrow off - so Happy President's Day everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw shucks! We had oatmeal for dinner. If only we had known!

    ReplyDelete