Monday, February 11, 2013

Crave

The Bachelor Bowl

Every Monday night I make sure to watch one of my favorite guilty pleasures, The Bachelor! It's no fun watching it alone, so I have to coax my own bachelor into enduring two hours of catty girls and lovey dovey mush gush. Yes, I am googly-eyed and get wrapped up in this fantasy love story. Enter the Bachelor Bowl... one of my own bachelor's favorite meals is black beans and rice. I jazzed it up for the special occasion - The Bachelor viewing, of course.

* Please excuse the non-professional food shots. This is what it looks like when I cook... no professional camera, no food staging, no fancy cookware... just Adam and I making a meal, a mess, and memories.

Ingredients:
Black Beans, low sodium (I ended up using 2 cans)
Rice (for Adam)
Quinoa (for me)
Cilantro
Tomatoes (from local farmers)
Avocado
Onion
Chicken 
Garlic
Blackening Spices
Olive Oil


Blackened and ready for the oven. 



Pour the black beans (with juice and all) into the pot. Add these tasty treats and let it simmer.




Who likes to wash a bunch of dishes? This girl (insert an eye roll). Yes, a pescatarian and a meat lover tend to have an above average amount of dishes at night. This is typical.  Black bean mix, rice in the back, quinoa in the front, and chicken in the oven.



Slice up a perfect avo and chop some cilantro for the topping.


Adam's final dish. The Bachelor Bowl! hahaha creative I know. :)


 My bowl... The Bachelorette Bowl! Oh this is just too much. I am getting carried away. 


Happy Bachelor/Bachelorette Night! Oh and if you are into as much as I am I would love to know your top three ladies. Mine are Desiree, AshLee, and Lesley - the last blonde standing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment