Thursday, February 21, 2013

DIY

You've Got Mail



I love love love love cards. Did I mention that I LOVE cards? Sending thank you cards is a lost art form that seriously needs to be found again. I get more joy from picking out the perfect birthday, baby shower, or wedding card than I do from actually buying the presents. It has always been a dream of mine to create my own greeting cards. Since this year I am working on expressing my creative side, I decided to put this passion to work. I have a wedding, a baby shower, and Adam's birthday coming up, so this was the perfect time to put my DIY card making skills to the test. All I needed was a lazy Sunday, a jammin' Pandora station, and some inspiration. 


I picked up some supplies at Michael's Craft Store. Yikes... I could get into trouble in there. 


I wrote the cards in pencil first and traced the letters in glue. Then sprinkled one of the best inventions ever on the top... glittaaaa.
*Tip - I used an old makeup brush (clean it first) to brush away the excess glitter. 


Front View.
The final product of my "LOVE" wedding card.
Save the extra glitter for the inside.


Inside View.
I used the glitter scraps for the heart exclamation point. 
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a...


Outside View.
"Sweet Memories" baby shower card.


Inside View.
And after love, marriage, and babies I transitioned to the world of hunting, fishing, and surfing...


(young buck)
Adam's birthday card. The inside is a secret.


 I can't wait to make my "thank you" and "just because" cards next!

I hope this inspires you to kick your passion into high gear or maybe it inspires you to just send someone a thank you card.

Happy Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment