Friday, February 8, 2013

Bacon Pancakes?

So last weekend I decided to go a little crazy and make something new for breakfast. Sometimes Tim and I go big on the weekends and make a fancy breakfast. Last weekend was my turn. Lately I've seen bacon (Tim's favorite) added to sweet treats (my favorite). So I made my husband happy and myself happy and melded our two favorites into one - Bacon Pancakes. Warning - I'm not claiming they are at all healthy, fat free, carb free, etc. but they are definitely delicious!

Want to try? Here's what I did:

1. Looked up my favorite Pancake recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/todds-famous-blueberry-pancakes/

Todd's Famous Blueberry Pancakes
Rated: Prep Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour 15 Minutes

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder 1 1/4 teaspoons white sugar

1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed 


DIRECTIONS: 
1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk. Stir milk and egg into flour mixture. Mix in the butter and fold in the blueberries. Set aside for 1 hour. 
 
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2013 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 2/8/2013
2. Pulled out my ingredients and my utensils. Decided to make some strawberry pancakes too. Good back-up in case the bacon pancakes were a flop (no pun intended).

3. Realized I didn't need baking powder and I had forgot to pull out the sugar :)

4. Sifted the dry ingredients together. Makes the prettiest mound of flour :) I love doing this and I just use a mesh strainer instead of a sifter.

5. Melted the butter, set it aside, and then mixed the eggs and milk

6. Mixed the milk and eggs into the flour mixture. Then poured in the butter last and set the batter aside for as long as possible up to an hour.

7. Cooked the bacon - and don't get the cheap stuff. Good, quality bacon is a must in our house!

8. Cut the bacon pieces in half and covered them with batter - flipped when they were ready and viola! 1st batch of bacon pancakes done.

9. Second batch of strawberry pancakes are next... I actually liked these more than the bacon ones - really delicious!

10. And we're ready to eat!


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


Now it's off to a baby shower in Tallahassee :) 
Here's a little teaser of the the design for our popcorn box favors... 




No comments:

Post a Comment