Sunday, January 13, 2013

Gone Fishing!

Being from the East Coast of Florida, fishing is something we grew up doing. From fishing tournaments to yearly Keys trips we were always in the water or on the water. Now, it might not sound like the a past time you would normally find my sister and I getting in to but we definitely have these two sides to us: the outdoorsy, get down and dirty, Florida-girl side and then the prissy, how's my outfit, sorority-girl side.

So when my dear friend Cassandra and her husband Kevin invited Tim and I fishing, I couldn't have been more excited. Knowing our luck last year when we went on a similar trip (check out the pic below) - I couldn't wait to spend some time on the water.
Going out brings me back to such fond memories of never buying your dinner - and always reeling it in instead :) Here's a little snapshot of yesterday's trip!

not sure what I'm planning to catch with such a tiny net... probably bait from the live well - easiest catch of the day!

The girls cleaned house!  I've got to work on my fish holding abilities though.

After catching our limit - Cabbage Creepers from Cabbage Key are a must! 
Cabbage Creeper: Pina Colada Mix, Rum & Kahlua Float

And a Southwest Florida Sunset to end a perfect day. Fish Fry is tonight!

Hope you find yourself enjoying the outdoors too - especially during this unseasonably warm winter. And a warm winter in Florida, really just means summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment