Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Little Things


Home Edition



Hustle and Bustle. Stop and Go. Work. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Sound familiar? There's something very  peaceful about HOME. Pulling up to that familiar address, day after day, knowing there is comfort waiting inside. A walk around the yard to find that new orchids have bloomed. A loving face waiting to talk to you about your day. Dinner time prayer. The distinct smell of your soap and lotion... coconut please. :) There are small moments that happen everyday that we tend to overlook. But, if you take a closer peek, they just may make you smile. Here are a few things I come home to that make me grin.


Good Morning and Good Night. A pop of color. "Surf on in"

 
My exquisite pieces of artwork. The left is from my Uncle Doug, an artist in Hawaii. He painted this for me specifically for my new house.  The right is from Adam’s nephew, a local fourth grade artist. This was his Christmas present to me two years ago. Take that Van Gogh!


My simple nightstand with a few of my favorite things:
- Fresh flowers from my yard
- Favorite reads (the Bible, Style A to Zoe, and Glamour's Book of Do’s and Don’ts)
- One of many sand dollars I found on Green Turtle Cay in the Bahamas 
- Sweet smelling candle


 My favorite workout spot. This makes me love running. Treadmills have nothing on this view!


Post-workout “cocktail” and the pretty pitcher it was stored in. Cocktail courtesy of Adam. Pour into your favorite wine glass and it's 5:00 right here. Recipe below:
- Beets
-  Carrots
- Celery
- Cucumber
- Ginger
- Kale

Moral of my post: stop and smell the orchids, or the hibiscus, or whatever may greet you at home. I absolutely recommend it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment