Monday, December 30, 2013

A Juicy Start to the New Year

While we're on the topic of healthy... I've got a great juice recipe. Today I had the day off and decided to try out my new juicer our lovely parents got Tim and I for Christmas. I am so stoked about this thing because I love juicing!!! Trying to convince Tim and so far he is diggin it :) can't wait for all the good things it will do for my body and my skin!
  • 1 Breville Juice Fountain Plus we got ours at Macy's
  • 3 large beets washed well and roots pulled off. I slightly peeled the bad spots off mine and decided not to juice the leaves because most of them were white and dry and didn't look very healthy.
  • 16 oz of carrots. I bought the pre-peeled ones - hey keep it simple right? Plus they were cheaper by the ounce than the dirty non peeled ones.
  • 1 Granny Smith apple with the core removed because Tim says the seeds have arsenic... 
  • 1 willing husband who will try anything :)
Voila, deliciousness served!

Beets can be a mess so be careful if you have white counters like me!

 Yum!

I LOVE BEETS! 
enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment